Did you know, that Beer Trivia is the oldest Trivia Category in western civilization?
Okay, we’re still waiting for confirmation from our team of historians on that one. But in the mean time, check out these conversation starters.
- Monks brewing beer in the Middle Ages were allowed to drink five quarts of beer a day.
- Bavaria still defines beer as a staple food.
- The saying ‘Mind your P’s and Q’s’ comes from the time when alcoholic beverages were served/sold in Pints and Quarts. Thus, to mind your P’s and Q’s meant to be careful how much you drank.
- The oldest known written recipe is for beer.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) was elected in 1932 because of his promise to end Prohibition.
- The first brewery in America was built in Hoboken, NJ in 1642.
- Tossing salted peanuts in a glass of beer makes the peanuts dance.
- Beer is a source of B- complex vitamins.
- If you collect beer bottles your are a labeorphilist.